Ministers Wives Conference
Sister Ginger Shelton, Director of Ministers Wives and Widows Conference
Second Baptist Church
The Ministers Wives and Widows Conference is designed to assist and support Women who are or have been the wives of Pastor/Preachers. The Conference has implemented:
- The Diaper Project. This outreach distributes diapers to day cares, churches and other organizations in cities where the Baptist Convention meets. The goal is to leave a lasting impression of hope and love by simple means of giving. All Minister Wives are ask to bring at least one package of diapers to be distributed.
- The Journaling Project. The Project is design to provide a contact packet for all Minster Wives for assistance and support.
- The Second Line Ministry. The Project is designed to provide followup and aftercare to Minister Wives and Widows. The purpose is to contact, assist, congratulate, embrace, enhance and empower during times of celebration and/or bereavements.
- The Marjorie V. Thompson Minister's Wives Luncheon. This Luncheon Fellowship is designed to provide an atmosphere of relaxtion and fellowship to Ministerw Wives and Widows during the Annual Session in June. It is to support, advise and honor Women who have served faithfully in the ministry.
- Topics during the Annual Session may include:
- Seminar on Legal and Financial responsibilites and risk management when husband dies.
- Insurance for ministers and their families
- Investments for women
- How to organize and manage your affairs during the ministry and when the ministry may end.
- Home cake decorating fun time and participation
Please contact the person in your area for furthur assistance and information.
- Sister Kawana Yarbrough-Joliet Area
- Sister Mattie Barnes-Chicago Area
- Sister Jessie Flannigan-Rockford & Vicinity
- Sister LaFaye Russell-Peoria Area
- Sister Ginger Shelton- Wood River
|Sister Ginger Shelton|